Day Camp in a Pandemic, Part 2

As this pandemic has continued , we have been spending a significant amount of time reevaluating our plans for this upcoming summer, including our plans for Day Camp. If you are reading this, you are likely aware that we have pushed the registration date back twice. We are doing that once more. Registration will now take place on May 28th. It may seem odd that we are again delaying our registration so we would like to take a moment to explain.

Our current context has been ever changing. The pandemic began and we have been experiencing ever increasing restrictions in movement and interpersonal contact that were primarily intended for our safety. As we are approaching summer, it seems that some of these restrictions may be loosened and we may be able to begin returning to some sense of life before the pandemic. However, at this stage of the game, we have no idea what that loosening will look like or what restrictions will remain in place. Our desire is to host Day Camp as we have in the past. As we examine the situation with wisdom, we're not currently confident enough in our planning to proceed. We are holding out hope for a miracle that Day Camp can happen as planned, or even with modifications, but we just don't have enough clarity yet to move ahead. And with that hope and that wisdom in mind, we chose to delay registration once more.

We would like to thank all of you for bearing with us through these changes and sticking with us as we are doing our best to follow our leaders and stay flexible with our plans. We are praying and hoping that we will be taking all of your registrations on May 28!
Posted in
Tagged with

Josh Cervone

Related Posts

2 Comments


Carol Chamberlain - May 13th, 2020 at 12:54pm

Thanks so much for spending so much time trying to figure out what to do. As we all know there will be many disappointed kids if there is no camp and I believe they need camp more this year than ever before. I do appreciate that you are taking so much time to make this difficult decision. You are all in my prayers as you struggle with what to do.

Pastor Josh - May 13th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Thanks Carol! We would love for Day Camp to continue and it is definitely our goal. That's why we've delayed so long. Thank you for your prayers!